The human body is a spectacular creation and a fantastic machine. It always keeps on working when healthy and performs various functions in a single day that no other machine can match. The in-depth engineering of the human body surpasses all engineering marvels. It is exciting and interesting to know about the workings of the human body. And our children ought to know about the complexity, performance, and beauty of it. So to create that curiosity in children, and develop their knowledge; here are some fun, quirky, enlightening, weird and fun facts about the human body.
So, let us start with our most important organ: the Human Brain.
Human Brain Facts
- Human Brain weighs around 1.5 kg. But it uses 20 percent of the body’s energy, although contributing to only about 2 percent of the body’s weight.
- Brain has a wiggly shape; if you smooth out all those wrinkles, it will become flat like a pillowcase.
- The ‘little brain’ cerebellum is responsible for our balance and body movement coordination.
- Each memory is saved in a special place in the brain, the hippocampus.
- The Brain uses almost 25 percent of the oxygen that you breathe in.
- The Human brain is almost 3 times larger than the brain of animals our size.
- When you are born, all the neurons are connected with the brain, but they activate when you start learning activities like crawling, walking, running, etc.
- The brain is responsible for growth too, with hormones being released from the pituitary gland.
- The cranium that protects the skull is made up of 22 different bones.
Want Some more Facts?
Now that we have learned some splendid facts about the human brain, we should talk about this generation that has a super active mindset. The children are very active, inquisitive, and always willing to learn something new. So, rather than letting them waste their energy on the same old curriculum, we need a platform that provides them with a personalised approach along with practical education, like ‘Real School. It focuses on a system that helps your children identify their goals and interests, nurture them and learn to utilize their skills in making a career.
Now let us explore some more facts about the human body for kids.
Human Heart Facts
- The average size of a heart is like a fist of an adult.
- The heart can continue beating for a while even after it’s disconnected from the human body.
- The heart pumps about 6000-7500 litres of blood every day.
- There is research that shows that most heart attacks happen on Monday.
- A fantastic fact is that a woman’s heart beats a little bit faster than a man’s heart.
- The human heart beats about 100,000 times per day.
- The heart’s beating creates a lot of energy, almost that you can drive a truck for 20 miles with that.
- The thump-thump that you hear of the heart is the sound of the four heart valves closing.
- The heart shape, which is the symbol of the heart and love, comes from a plant named silphium.
Let us take a look at some other amazing facts about human beings and their bodies.
Fun Human Body Facts
- Your left and right lungs are quite different. The left lung differentiates into two lobes while the right lung into three. Comparatively the left lung is smaller in size, as it gives space for the heart.
- Human lungs contain almost 1,500 miles (2,414 km) of airways and over 300 million alveoli.
- An average person breathes in almost 11,000 litres of air daily.
- Nose and ears are the organ that grows throughout your entire life.
- Your sense of smell is acutely strong. It is almost 10,000 times more sensitive than your sense of taste.
- Different flavours are a combination of taste and smell
Some more Facts
- If all the blood vessels in the human body were untwined and laid completely, they would cover the Earth’s equator almost four times.
- Skin is the largest organ of the human body.
- The outer layer of your skin is known as the epidermis; it is thickest on the front side of your palms and soles of your feet (around 1.5 mm thick).
- A large amount of the dust in your home is dead skin shed by humans. They shed almost about 600,000 particles of skin every hour.
- An eyelash stays alive for around 150 days before it falls away.
- The smallest bone in the human body is in the middle of the ear.
- Another weird fact is other than having unique fingerprints, humans also have unique tongue prints.
Some more Facts
- Humans are the only animals with chins.
- The human body contains a large amount of fat, so much that you can make almost seven bars of soap from it.
- The small intestine is roughly 23 feet long.
- One-quarter of your bones are in your feet.
- 19.You cannot breathe and swallow together.
- 2.There are about ten thousand taste buds on the human tongue, and in general, girls have more taste buds than boys!
Some more Enlightening and Fun Facts
- Human eyes blink about 20 times in a minute. So that is ten million times a year.
- The human tongue is covered with a lot of taste buds, almost 8,000.
- Your height can increase by 1 cm during sleeping hours. This is because, during the daytime, the soft cartilage becomes squashed and compressed.
- The human body has many muscles, and the one that never gets tired is the heart.
- Humans have about 1000 different skins in life, as the skin’s entire surface is replaced every month.
- The human body has almost 2.5 million sweat pores.
- We spend almost a year sitting on the toilet if we consider the whole lifetime.
- The sound that comes when you crack your knuckles is of nitrogen gas bubbles that burst in your joints.
- Did you know thumbs have their own pulse?
These amazing human body facts are just a small aspect of the type of fun learning children should have. We need to be aware of providing a holistic and practical approach to our child’s education, just like Real School does. Real School has a dedicated Personalised learning approach, where we cover the curriculum with animated videos, flashcards, and fun quizzes. Your child’s strengths and areas of improvement are mapped and utilized to create a great learning experience. Book your free trial class with Real School today!